Disparities exist in almost each sector of society. Here are just a few…
- Racial and ethnic disparities persist throughout each point or phase of the criminal “justice” system from arrest to conviction.
- Although incarceration rates for black males without a high school diploma have dropped, they continue to outpace the incarceration rates of white males without a high school diploma.
- Boys, especially minority boys, are disciplined more often than girls or their white male counterparts.
- Girls of a darker complexion are more likely to be disciplined at a greater rate than those of a lighter complexion.
- The school to prison pipeline disproportionately impacts children of color and those with disabilities.